Thank you for reading another smashing good bbcor bat review from BatSmash.com. Today, we will be reviewing Marucci Sports‘ special bat model, the Marucci POSEY28 Pro Metal BBCOR Bat.
The Posey28 BBCOR combines the pop of the high-strength AZ105 alloy with the look of Marucci partner Buster Posey’s in-game wooden model.
For clarity, it is a metal bat, despite looking look a composite wood bat! Continue reading for our full review or see our full list of best bbcor bats.
Table of Contents
Bat Overview: POSEY28 Pro Metal BBCOR by Marucci
The Marucci Posey28 BBCOR Bat combines the pop of the high-strength AZ105 alloy with the look of Marucci partner Buster Posey’s in-game model.
The maple wood grain cosmetic is the only “wood” about this one-piece aluminum bbcor bat which gives an explosive performance with an extended barrel and more responsive sweet spot.
The multivariable wall design generates an expanded sweet spot and thinner barrel walls. This design and material help to produce more solid contact, even if hit off of the end or the handle of the bat.
If you are looking for a composite model, check out our Rawlings 2020 Quatro Pro BBCOR Review.
- A bat designed after Buster Posey’s game model – a slick wood finish with all the power that aluminum BBCOR bats can bring.
- BBCOR certified (.50) and approved for High School Baseball Bat and collegiate.
- -3 length-to-weight ratio fitting in nicely with the other model -3 Marucci Bats.
- A wide barrel with a diameter of 2 5/8” with a large sweet spot.
- 2nd Generation AV2 anti-vibration knob features are available in the Marucci Posey 28 BBCOR.
- An upgraded harmonic dampening system is comprised of the bat for better feel and less negative vibrational feedback.
- The Posey28 BBCOR is constructed with AZ105 Alloy. The strongest material layer on the market is coated on this Aluminum baseball bat.
- A warranty of 12 months after manufacturing makes it more reliable for players.
- The micro-perforated soft-touch grip with an extra tack increases feels & control over this Balanced bat.
- An extended sweet spot is created due to the multi-variable wall design, meaning more line drives
- The smoke black color gives POSEY28 Pro Metal baseball bat a clean, fresh finish.
- An upgraded Alloy creates thinner barrel walls, better durability, and a higher response rate.
- Moreover, its one-piece alloy design gives a clear, compatible, and conservative swing allowing for consistent contact.
- The precision-balanced barrels of from this Marucci BBCOR bat results in a lower M.O.I and balanced feel for control and precision.
- The handle of bat comprises removable taper and ergonomic knob shape makes it one of the Best BBCOR bats of 2020.
- Its ring-free barrel allows you to handle the bat confidently and increases the performance with no dead spots.
POSEY28 BBCOR Bat Specifications
|Barrel Diameter||2 5/8”|
|Length to Weight Ratio||-3|
Closer Review: Marucci Posey28 BBCOR Bat
A notable feature of the Marucci Posey28 bat is the anti-vibration knob they have been patented. In addition, it has a harmonic dampening silicone type piece that fits in the knob and extends partly through the handle of the bat. If a ball is mishit and vibrates through the bat and then the knob absorbs all the vibrations before your hands do.
Technology like this is not just a pseudo-science. Marucci has real data that is not needed to prove and it really does work. -3 Marucci bats by Marucci has years of feedback and thousands of hitters that can guarantee to it working as well.
The Posey 28 BBCOR model also uses variable wall thickness in the barrel. That’s, if you cut the bat in half you would notice that the Aluminum in the barrel is not the same as you go down of the barrel. This thickness level permits the engineers to tune the barrel’s performance at different parts of this 2020 model.
Benefits of the Pro Model Features
Using AZ105 alloy, Marucci manufactured this bat with a multi-variable wall design constructed of thinner barrel walls. It is simply that the thinner the walls, the faster the ball comes off the bat on contact. More, the design also enhances the sweet spot & more forgiving when the players make contact on the remainder of the barrel.
The ring-free manufacturing of bat means that there is no dead spot on the hitting surface, which is most beneficial for those players who focus on making contact. It has a second-generation AV2 anti-vibration knob to keep the sting out of the bat. For complete control in the batter’s box, it has a removable tape on the handle and a soft, comfortable grip.
Bat Sizing Options
In this Marucci Posey bat review, we provide you with all bat sizing options to help you choose the right bat for you, even if you aren’t looking for the BBCOR version. This bat also comes in USSSA: drop 10, 8, and 5 and a junior big barrel edition of the bat.
They have a 33.5” version in BBCOR — that is unique. Not unheard of, but it is unique nonetheless.
- BBCOR | Drop 3 | 30, 31, 32, 33, 33.5, 34-inch
- USSSA | Drop 10 | 27, 28, 29, 30, 31-inch
- USSSA | Drop 8 | 28, 29, 30, 31, 32-inch
- USSSA | Drop 5 | 30, 31, 32-inch
Marucci POSEY28 Pro Metal BBCOR Bat – Final Thoughts
The Marucci POSEY28 Pro Metal BBCOR has received excellent reviews online with recommendations from both contact and power hitters. With Marucci’s commitment to new technologies, we think this model is a great choice for high school and college players.
With the risk of offering recommendations in the general terms, we would like to suggest that any player who is able to find a Buster Posey Metal bat in their size will surely like it.
And, the bat has a wonderful sound and outstanding user feedback in terms of prices and performance in comparison to the other top models.
View on Amazon now: