Move your game to the next level with an improved and new Marucci Bat lineup. An improved AZ105 alloy is featured in Marucci CAT 8 BBCOR Baseball Bat. The strongest aluminum on the Marucci CAT 8 bat permits for thinner barrel walls, better durability, and a high response rate. More, its 2 5/8″ barrel provides a great sweet spot for more base hits. The 2nd-generation AV2 Anti-Vibration knob features a harmonic dampening system for better feel and negative vibrational feedback.
This Marucci CAT 8 BBCOR is featured with -3 length-to-weight ratio and 2 5/8″ ring-free barrel construction, significant enhanced barrel flex & reducing the likelihood of dead spots means every ball hit will travel long and far. More, the precision-balanced barrel for lower M.O.I results in a lighter feel as you swing and offering you better precision and control. One-piece alloy construction of Marucci Cat 8 BBCOR delivers clean, consistent swing, and the tapered handle with its soft-touch grip is topped with fitted knob shape for more top-hand control & comfort when you are at the plate. This bat is BBCOR certified for high school and collegiate baseball play. In this Marucci CAT 8 Review, we will discuss the main features, advantages and provide you recommendations about Marucci CAT 8 BBCOR Bat.
Features of Marucci CAT 8 BBCOR Baseball Bat:
- A 2 5/8 inch diameter offers a wide shot area to you to hit the ball far.
- The length to weight ratio of ‘-3’ is the best fit for collegiate baseball players.
- BBCOR Certified for the high school play but not approved for NCAA baseball — barrel color not compliant.
- The bat is also legal for play in intermediate and junior divisions of little league.
- One Piece of alloy construction delivers you a traditional feel.
- The strong aluminum on the CAT 8 Marucci bat line, ‘AZ105 alloy’, gives the thinner barrel walls with a higher response rate and better durability.
- Second Generation AV2 anti-vibration knob of BBCOR bat features an upgraded, harmonic dampening system for an amazing feel and less negative vibrational feedback.
- The ring-free barrel construction of Marucci CAT 8 -3 bat gives more barrel flex and increases performance with no dead spots.
- Precision-balanced barrel results in a lower M.O.I. and balanced feel for precision & control.
- Professionally inspired handle contains a removable taper and an ergonomic anti-vibration knob to give you more top-hand control and comfort over baseball bats.
- Micro-Penetrated soft-touch grip with an extra tack boosts control & feel.
- Multi-variable wall design generates an extended sweet spot and thinner barrel walls which are more forgiving after off-centered contact.
- Listed as one of the best 2020 BBCOR bats.
Marucci CAT 8 BBCOR Reviews
A baseball bat featured with Pop, balance and sweet spot. After playing this Marucci CAT 8, we noticed a larger sweet spot. Unlike other bats, the sweet spot was expanded a bit from others we have used. Ball after hitting, it moves with a higher exit velocity and travels far and far.
The CAT 8 is more balanced than the older version like CAT 6,7 with more pop. The best choice for contact hitters as well as power hitters. Its high swing speed generates more power to help you to hit the ball far. Very quick through the zone with great control and tons of pop. The CAT8 would be very best Marucci out of all other series. Very important to know that never go on the look of this bat, just try it and enjoy the maximum performance. Don’t be caught up of price, this is the best BBCOR bat we have used and tested in practices.
This is good right out of the wrapper & you don’t need to break it. So, it is ever ready to be utilized for a game right when you receive it. It will help you to save your precious time and trouble with the bat. This 2020 Marucci CAT 8 also has a pop and it is amazing how it can make the baseball fly after a strong hit. One more thing to buy this bat is that it has an enlarged sweet spot that makes it seem just like every contact with the baseball is a solid hit.
A Quick Review:
The bat upgrades to a few new pieces to the CAT 8 which we review here:
Importantly, the difference in the barrel length as the CAT 8 uses 8 different thicknesses of the barrel wall. This became possible by adding an alloy. AZ105 alloy has been added to make the bat more durable and composite. However, CAT 8 still uses a patented AV2 knob which assists dampen string, allows you a wonderful feel and comfort. After a complete practice and testing the bat, our hitters liked its sound, feel, and power of 2020 Marucci CAT 8 with a length to weight ratio of -3.
Listen, you can never go wrong with CAT 8 by Marucci. People like the feel, sound, and power of it. More, the barrel is large for aluminum and manageable even compared to the composite barrel. Find a bat with affordable and lower prices than other bats. If it is something against it (but it is not anything), it is its swing weight that is heavier than others. Don’t assume CAT 8 an end-loaded bat, but it has an ultra-light and balanced “swing”.